1 INFORMATION ABOUT US
• NEAT & SHAKEN is a trading name of G&J Distillers Ltd (we, us, our), a company registered in England & Wales under company number 07604280 and our registered office is at Distribution Point Melbury Park Clayton Road, Birchwood, Warrington, Cheshire, WA3 6PH.
• Our VAT number is GB 108 247820
• To contact us, please email: email@example.com
2 APPLICATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• These terms and conditions were last updated on 15 June 2021. We recommend that you print and keep a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference. You will be required to confirm during the ordering process that you have read these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them.
• These terms and conditions apply to all orders made using this website. Please read them carefully and make sure that you understand them before you order any products. They do not affect your legal rights.
• We may change these terms and conditions at any time. Any changes will take effect on the date they are posted onto the site (see date above). You will be asked to read and accept the terms and conditions each time you place an order, to ensure that you are familiar with the most current ones.
3 HOW TO ORDER
• To place an order for our products on this website, please:
- select the product(s) you wish to buy and add to the online shopping basket;
- you will then have the option to check out as a guest or to register an account with us or (where you already have an account) to log into your existing account;
- provide your address and the delivery address if different; and
- make the payment following the instructions.
• Please take the time to check your order before submitting it. If you submit an order in error, you will have the opportunity to cancel it (see below). You will have an opportunity to check and correct any input errors in your order up until you click the Submit Order button. If you place your order on a Friday after 3pm, Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday, the order will be processed and confirmed, usually, on the following business day in the UK.
• When we receive your order we will give you an Order Reference Number and details of the products you have ordered. We will confirm the order details to you in an e-mail. Please note that this e-mail will be an acknowledgement only and does not mean that we have accepted your order.
• When we accept and process your order we will send you a second email. Acceptance of your order and the creation of a legally binding contract between us will only occur when we send you this second email, which will contain details of how we will deliver your products to you. The contract that is formed will include these terms and conditions.
• Alternatively, we may decline all or part of your order for any reason, in which case we will notify you as soon as practicable.
• All our products are subject to availability and we cannot guarantee the availability or otherwise of any product. If a product is unavailable after an order is placed, then we will contact you to either arrange a replacement, or agree a refund or alternative arrangement.
4 PRICES AND PAYMENT
• All prices and charges on this site are in UK pounds. They include any VAT payable, but exclude delivery charges. You will be informed at checkout about the delivery options and charges for your order (for details see “Delivery” ).
• The total cost of your order will be the price of the products you order, plus any applicable delivery charge. All these will be set out clearly in your Shopping Basket before you submit your order.
• We try very hard to ensure that all information on this site is accurate. However, just occasionally, an error can occur. If we discover an error in the price or description of a product you have ordered, we will tell you and ask you whether you wish to continue with your order at the correct price or cancel it. We may also in our sole discretion choose not to provide you with the product or service if there has been an error in its description or price. We are not obliged to supply products at the incorrect price.
• We reserve the right to adjust prices, offers, products and their specifications at our discretion at any time. Any adjustment in price will not affect the price of any products which you have already ordered and which we have accepted.
• Promotional offers and prices are as stated, with no further discounts available unless we indicate otherwise.
• We only accept payment via Shopify. Please see Shopify’s terms of service available here which will apply when using the Shopify service. Payment is deducted when we despatch your order to you.
• Our website allows you to indicate where you would like delivery before ordering. By default, our website shows the pricing, special offers and discounts in England and Wales. If you select an address in Scotland, however, the prices, special offers and discounts shown online may change to reflect any relevant alcohol legislation effective in Scotland, including the Alcohol (Minimum Pricing) (Scotland) Act 2012 and the Alcohol etc. (Scotland) Act 2010.
• Discount codes cannot be used in conjunction with others or accumulated with any other type of promotion, including free gifts. If the cart contains products already discounted and products at full price, the discount code will work only for the non-discounted products.
5 AGE RESTRICTIONS
• It is an offence in the UK to sell alcohol to any person under the age of 18 both online and in store. Therefore we will not sell or deliver alcohol to anyone who is, or appears to be, under the age of 18. By placing an order you confirm that you are at least 18 years old and we reserve the right not to deliver if we are unsure of this.
• Please note that we operate an age verification policy which applies at all delivery and collection points and you may be asked to provide a true, accurate and in date form of ID (such as a driver’s licence or passport) both on collection and at delivery.
• Delivery to a neighbour or nominated safe place location may not be available for age restricted items.
• We encourage all our customers to enjoy our products responsibly. For more information on drinking responsibly please visit https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/.
6 WHERE WE DELIVER
• Delivery must be to an address in the United Kingdom (but excluding the Channel Islands and, for some larger items, the Isle of Man and the Scottish islands). All deliveries must be signed for (except items sent by post and which are small enough to be put through your letterbox). Please make sure you keep the receipt enclosed with your products.
• Your order will be delivered to the delivery address notified by you at the time of placing your order. We are not liable whatsoever for any products delivered to an address which has not been correctly provided by you. You may receive communications from our courier during the delivery process.
7 DELIVERY CHARGES
• We make every effort to keep our delivery charges as low as possible. Standard delivery is free on all orders over the sum of £100. For all amounts below this (or where you require a premium delivery service, our charge depends on the type of products you select and on whether you choose standard delivery (3 – 4 working days) or a premium service (e.g. 24 hour delivery service). You only pay one delivery charge, irrespective of the number of products ordered. Very occasionally different products in the same order may be delivered separately. If we are not able to deliver all of the products together, we will not charge you extra delivery costs.
• When you add products to your Shopping Basket, the appropriate standard delivery charge will be added automatically. There are additional charges if you choose a premium delivery service (e.g. 24 hour delivery). If you add additional items, please double check the charge by clicking “Re-calculate”. You will always be able to see all applicable charges before submitting your order.
8 HOW WE DELIVER
• Most products are delivered by courier. You may be given the option of choosing a premium delivery service for a small extra charge during the ordering process. For these products you will be asked or told about delivery dates as part of the order process. We will only supply to addresses in the United Kingdom (excluding the Channel Islands and, for some larger items, the Isle of Man and the Scottish islands).
Premium Delivery Services
• If you choose to pay a small extra charge for a premium delivery service, your product will be delivered on the date and during the time slot specified. Where applicable, all premium deliveries must be signed for.
Standard delivery timings
• Standard deliveries should arrive within 3 – 4 working days of placing your order (to be safe, please allow a little extra during busy sale periods).
• We may provide you with a link to the courier's website, and a parcel number, so that you can track your order right to your doorstep. Standard courier deliveries are usually made between 9am and 5pm. Where applicable, all deliveries must be signed for. If you are out when the courier arrives, the courier may leave the package in a safe space or alternatively leave a card with a contact number for you to call.
• We do everything we can to meet the delivery times specified in this section. However, occasionally delivery times may be affected by factors beyond our control and therefore they cannot be guaranteed. We will inform you if we become aware of an unexpected delay. Please allow extra time for deliveries to Scottish islands.
9 TRACKING YOUR ORDER
• You can track the progress of your order by logging in and then going to “My Account”.
10 MISSING, DAMAGED OR INCORRECT ORDERS
• We try very hard to ensure that you receive your order in pristine condition. If you do not receive all your products, please check that they have been despatched by using our tracking facility (simply log in and then go to “My Account”). If your order is not en route to you, please contact us using the details set out above. In the unlikely event that a product arrives damaged or faulty, please follow the instructions emailed to you after you place your order.
11 CANCELLATIONS AND RETURNS
Cancelling your order
• You can cancel your purchase at any time either before or up to fifteen calendar days from the day on which you receive your products.
• You may cancel by either:
- following the “Returns” instructions in the documents emailed to you after you place your order;
- contacting us via email using the details set out in paragraph 1 above; or
- completing our cancellation form provided here and returning this to us.
• We suggest you keep a copy of your cancellation notification for your own records.
• If you cancel your order in accordance with this paragraph we will refund to you the full price of the products that you paid including delivery charges, except that we may reduce your refund (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the products caused by your use or handling of the products e.g. for screwtop products where the product has been unscrewed, or for corked bottles where corks have been removed even if reinserted.
• You do not have a right to cancel your purchase if the products were a special order to your specification (e.g. personalised labels).
Returning your products
• You must arrange and pay for the return of the order to us at Huboo Ref 6797, Huboo Technologies Ltd, Unit 2, More Plus Central Park, Hudson Avenue, Severn Beach, BS35 4ELand you are responsible for ensuring it reaches us in a saleable condition.
• You may only return a cancelled order to us for a refund if the products are complete, unused, unopened and in 'as new' condition (e.g. if you have opened the box to examine the product you must have done so without damaging or marking the product in any way). They should be returned with the original box, packaging and accessories.
• We will provide a full refund or replacement (subject to availability) for products that are faulty. This does not affect your statutory rights. If there is a fault with your product, please contact us using the details set out in paragraph 1 above.
• To qualify for a refund or exchange the product must be:
- in 'as-new' condition, which means complete and either substantially unused or unconsumed or wholly undamaged e.g. for screwtop products, the capped bottle must be returned even if it has been opened; and
- complete with any accessories and free gifts offered with it (and, if possible, the original box and packaging).
• This promise does not cover faults caused by accident, neglect, misuse or normal wear and tear.
• We may require faulty products to be returned to us. Any refund that we issue due to a fault or other defect in the products will include a refund of the applicable delivery charges.
• You will receive your refund as soon as possible and in any event no later than the date which is either 14 calendar days from the day on which we receive the returned products from you, or (if earlier) the day you provide us with evidence that you have returned the products. All refunds to you will be made by the payment method you used when paying for the order being refunded. If a gift voucher was used for purchase, a refund will take the form of a credit note.
• We are only obliged to refund delivery costs for the least expensive delivery method we offer. Therefore if you chose a more expensive form of delivery when ordering (e.g. nominated day delivery) we will not pay the difference between this method of delivery and our least expensive method of delivery.
• You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the products while they are in your possession and are responsible for ensuring any returned products reach us in a saleable condition.
• You must bear the risk of damage caused during your packaging of the product for return or during the transport process. If you are returning your products by post, we recommend that products are sent by registered post with your local post office or by courier so that you can track the products and that you always retain evidence of posting or proof of shipment and the tracking number until the purchase price has been refunded.
• As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau. Nothing in these terms and conditions will affect these legal rights.
12 OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE
• Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or restricts our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our agents, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any breach of any terms implied by law or any matter that we are not permitted to limit or restrict by law.
• If we fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking these terms and conditions or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any:
- loss or damage that is not foreseeable (loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process);
- loss or damage which is not caused by our breach of these terms and conditions; or
- business losses and/or losses to non-consumers.
• Each provision of this paragraph 12 operates separately. If any part is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or other competent body the other parts will continue to apply.
13 HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
• Any changes to email contact preferences usually take between 2-7 days to take effect, but in some instances may take as long as 28 days to take effect.
• These terms and conditions and all transactions relating to this website are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales unless you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland in which case the relevant law will apply and you can choose to take action against us in your local courts.
• We do not accept amendments to these terms and conditions and any variations to these terms and conditions must be signed by an authorised signatory of our company.
• You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions to another person without our prior written consent. We can transfer all or any part of these terms and conditions to another organisation but your rights under these terms and conditions will not be affected.
• If these terms and conditions are terminated by either of us for any reason, neither of us will lose any rights which have already accrued.
• If, at any time, we do not require you to comply with any part of these terms and conditions, this will not prevent us from doing so in the future.
• If any part of these terms and conditions is disallowed or held to be ineffective by any court or other competent body, the rest of the terms and conditions will not be affected.
• We are required by law to tell you that sales can be concluded in the English language only and that no public filing requirements apply.
15 CANCELLATION FORM
Click here to access the cancellation form.